|Title:||Direct Care Professional - Canal Winchester|
|Department:||Direct Care Support Services|
Columbus, OH $11-$12.50/HR
The Direct Support Professional in this position will be responsible for providing direct support, positive direction, and assistance to individuals with disabilities by performing a variety of tasks in the areas of personal care and crisis management.
SHIFT SCHEDULE: Every Other Saturday 11am - 11pm and Every Other Sunday 11am - 9pm.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Ensuring the client’s Individual Service Plan needs are met with 100% satisfaction.
- Must be able to administrate prescription medication according to the Individual’s Service Plan.
- Ability to assist clients one on one with cooking, cleaning and hygiene needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Reliable transportation to and from shifts and for fun activities and outings with client.
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- At least 18 years of age
- A valid Ohio driver’s license with 5 points or less
- Criminal record that qualifies you for developmental disability employment, based on the Ohio Revised Code
- At least one-year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred but not required
- Experience working with individual service plans (ISPs) or behavior support plans (BSPs) preferred but not required
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- CPR/First Aid
- Delegated Nursing Certificate
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Health benefits, medical, dental, vision, and life, to full time employees who have worked with the company for a total of 90 days
- Full time starting at 30 hours per week
- TAP (time away pay) for every employee. 1 week after 6 months and another week after 1 year
- Holiday pay for those employees who work the holiday
- Overtime pay for any hours worked over 40 hours in a week